Thursday, March 14, 2013

Final Project: Legal Authority


The person that I found and chose was Rut Laurenon.  She is an attorney in an office, which is located on Lake Mead Blvd, and Buffalo drive.  I found her through making connections with one of the students at the Art Institute who in fact is actually her husband.  Before contacting Rut, I made several attempts in contacting other attorneys or lawyers, but had very little success in contacting them.  In those cases, I would get no answer, no replies, or even scheduling conflicts.  So Rut made the perfect candidate for this assignment for several occasions ranging from already have broken the ice in a prior situation where we had already met, to having the same schedule layout on certain days of the week.  I know that she were a good choice to have in this assignment because upon asking her husband what type of cases she has take, I noticed that some of the questions I originally came up with would not really suit the experiences she has had in the past cases.  So, my alternative was to alter the questions a bit, not only to make them answerable, but to also make her more comfortable in responding to these questions.  Just a few moments before starting the interview, I let her know that I was going to be taking a few notes down during the interview that I was going to use towards my project.  I also made it very clear with her that if by any chance she did not know the answer to the question, then it would just become a matter of just giving me advice on what someone do that situation, if they were to come across it.  She also mentioned that in the past she had taken cases that related to health issues and cases that had dealt with injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment